The Asiniw-Kisik Education Campus is seeking the following position for the 2021-2022 school year. AKEC is located on the Kawacatoose First Nation, approximately 100km northwest of Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan.
Asiniw-Kisik Education Campus – Kawacatoose FN
- Post-Secondary Degree in Education with three years of teaching experience
- Must hold a valid Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate
- Preference will be given to Candidates with a Masters of Education or currently seeking a Master’s Degree in Education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the various government funding arrangements, programs, regulations and practices, curriculum guidelines and criteria relevant to the administration of a school program.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of management information systems, the political structure and practices of the First Nations government and general issues facing First Nations communities.
- Abilities in each of the key management processes; division of work, discipline, unity of command, unity of direction, initiatives, subordination of individual interests to general interest, influence through positive reinforcement, conflict resolutions, personnel management, planning, needs assessments and development in leadership.
- The ability to lead by personal example and to motivate and develop a capable work force in a fair and effective manner, based on the team approach and consistent with the Vision and policies of the Education department.
- The ability and willingness to make difficult decisions in a timely manner, demonstrating good judgement, respect for the organizational policies and Kawacatoose traditions and values.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Lerenda Asapace – Education Development Manager
Asiniw-Kisik Education Campus
Kawacatoose First Nation
PO Box 27
Raymore, Saskatchewan S0A 3J0
Closing Date: Friday, June 18, 2021