Title: Communication Coordinator
Location: Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator helps
operate both internal staff and external community outreach communications.
Treaty Education Alliance Inc. is a First Nations educational organization designing and providing quality educational supports and services for First Nations on–reserve schools in the Treaty 4 territory (Saskatchewan, Canada).
Communications Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Writing/editing various communication documents for Treaty Education Alliance.
- Coordinating and researching communications material for internal and external audiences.
- Assisting in the preparation of communications materials, such as newsletters, brochures, handouts, business cards, reports, and others.
- Coordinating and facilitating TEA events and community meetings from a communications
- Assisting in the preparation of audiovisual materials (i.e. PowerPoint, video, etc.).
- Responding to community issues and concerns related to organizational communications activities.
- Managing and posting to all social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Managing the Treaty Education Alliance website and making sure information is updated and improved.
- Supporting the administration office with various brand and marketing needs as necessary.
- Providing formatting and writing support to other departments and leadership as necessary.
- Planning, organizing, and implementing various Treaty Education Alliance communications initiatives.
- Gathering, researching and editing communications materials for external audiences.
- Preparing reports, briefs, biographies, speeches, presentations, and press releases as required.
- Liaising with community members, public, and media to address incoming inquiries.
- Other duties as required.
Communications Coordinator will need:
- 2 years’ experience in a communications role, preferably in a First Nations environment.
- Preparing communication materials for diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of government or public sector communication protocols.
- 2+ years’ experience with media relations strategies and techniques.
- 1+ year experience with community planning processes.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) graphic design, and social media platforms, videography, etc.
- Experience with developing and maintaining effective websites.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a marketing and/or communications role.
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience using graphic design tools.
- Experience using social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube).
- The successful candidate will be required to submit a valid Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Record Check w/ Vulnerability Screen.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive and will commensurate with education and experience.
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Angus Vincent
Treaty Education Alliance
PO Box 1579 Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G1S0
Closing Date: May 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
Respectfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.