TITLE: IT Support Technician
LOCATION: Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Director of ICT Services, the IT Support Technician provides support services for alliance schools in the area of information technology, which includes identifying solutions and practices to strengthen school-wide practices in the area of ICT and play a key role in identifying effective strategies for training and computer applications.
Treaty Education Alliance Inc. is a First Nations educational organization designing and providing quality educational supports and services for First Nations on-reserve schools in the Treaty 4 territory (Saskatchewan, Canada).
The IT Support Technician:
- •Consulting with IT managers and other departments as required.
- •Providing IT assistance to staff and customers.
- •Training end-users on hardware functionality and software programs.
- •Resolving logged errors in a timely manner.
- •Monitoring hardware, software, and system performance metrics.
- •Updating computer software. as well as upgrading hardware and systems.
- •Maintaining databases and ensuring system security.
- •Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests.
- •Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in IT support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•An understanding of best practice in special education in pre-k – grade 12 school systems.
•Highly organized, confidential and sensitive to community, school and student data andinformation.
•Ability to organize and manage a variety of tasks, including emerging and time sensitive tasks
•Ability to foster genuine trusting relationships with staff, families and communities.
•Mutual respect by affirming and empowering others to work in the best interests of allstudents.
•Passionate and committed to working with First Nations children, youth and families, using astrength/asset-based approach that aligns to the goal, vision and mandate of the TreatyEducation Alliance.
- •A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- •3-5 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- •Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- •In-depth knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- •Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users.
- •Proficiency in IT helpdesk software, such as Freshservice.
- •Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- •Advanced knowledge of database maintenance and system security.
- •Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- •Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- •The successful candidate will be required to submit a valid Driver’s Abstract and Criminal RecordCheck w/ Vulnerability Screen.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- •Competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Angus Vincent
Treaty Education Alliance
PO Box 1579 Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G1S0
Closing Date: Thursday, October 13, 2022
Respectfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.