White Bear Education Complex is seeking the position of a Counsellor/Addictions Worker. The successful candidate will work as a collaborative team providing direct services to the student community. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate.
Term & Hours of Work
This is a full-time position from 8:45 – 4:00 Monday through Thursday and will commence immediately, unless otherwise determined due to COVID-19 protocol.
Duties and responsibilities include
Counsellor/Addictions Worker means you will provide information/strategies for health promotion and prevention and clinical addiction services. The primary goal of this position will be to restore, maintain and enhance the recovery of students by implementing various modalities of addiction and/or mental health recovery therapies. These services will be delivered through a combination of direct services, consultation, community resource development and education. The incumbent will work as part of an interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities include providing informational programming, as well as individual counselling with relevant family and community members. This position will be expected to assess individual needs of students and implement treatment plans to assist in reaching their recovery goals. Other related services include community education, community development and the promotion of healthy lifestyles. You will also work collaboratively and in partnership with the WBEC staff to facilitate appropriateness of services. education to family members
- Minimum 5 years combined education and experience in the human service field.
- Degree in Addiction studies, or Baccalaureate in a discipline (generally Human Services) acceptable to the Employer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills Demonstrated ability in project management and ability to work and communicated collaboratively with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to students, staff, and families
- Possess good working habits (punctuality and attendance)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and be flexible
- Experience and confidence working with individuals who present with a wide variety of issues and challenges including mental health, addiction, interpersonal skills, and relationship concerns
- Must have access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and adequate automobile insurance
Based on education and experience.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, CPIC/Vulnerable Sector Check, and a list of three professional references including contact numbers. Applications will be accepted in person or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application will be accepted until a suitable candidate is placed.
For Further information contact:
Sheri McArthur-Cappo, Principal of White Bear Education Complex
Phone: (306) 577-4538