Chief Gabriel Cote Education Complex
Providing an education to meet the educational needs of the children of Cote First Nation but will also grow in the knowledge and practices of the Onakawek way of life.
We are seeking a dynamic educator who is dedicated to lifelong learning, and who has a desire to support the successful learning outcomes for the children and youth of our beautiful First Nation.
CGCEC is located on Cote First Nation, which is 3 km north on Highway 8, near the town of Kamsack. Also a 45 minute drive North/East of the city of Yorkton, SK. The School is Pre-K to Grade 12, with about 175 students.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You are (or have a strong desire to become) an experienced, highly organized and effective educator.
- You are eligible to be registered with the Saskatchewan Teacher’s Professional Regulatory Board (SPTRB).
- You are committed to the learning success of your students, ensuring they experience appropriate and relevant learning opportunities.
- You are knowledgeable in areas such as Treaty education, the Truth and Reconciliation Committee’s recommendations for education, Indigenous education, and anti-racism education.
- You are an educational innovator, who believes in student-centered learning, and collaborative planning with teams to strengthen approaches to meet student learning needs.
- You are a relationship builder who supports and creates many opportunities for community – parents/caregivers – to be involved and engaged in their child(ren)’s learning experiences.
- Your Indigenous language skills are an asset to this position.
- Your experience or interests in land-based learning, and Treaty education are an asset.
- Excellent Communication Skills with students, parents, coworkers.
- Work extra-curricular hours
- Attend all staff meetings and functions
- Participate in all school functions/coaching skills are an asset
The successful candidate must possess:
- A valid Saskatchewan Professional A Teaching Certificate, or be in the process of obtaining the certificate;
- A CPIC with vulnerable sector check.
- A valid Driver’s license, and
- A valid First Aid/CPR certificates
The successful candidate may be eligible for a re-location incentive, to be discussed.
How to Apply:
Please submit via email, your cover letter, required documents and resume to:
Ongoing until filled