Title: Grade 4/5 Teacher
Location: White Bear First Nations
The White Bear Education Complex Vision Statement
Building our students life-long success guided by our First Nations Values and Culture.
The White Bear Education Complex Mission Statement
Embracing our culture and creating strong students. Learning together, maintaining and enhancing the strength in our community. Honouring our Nation as one voice and one mind.
Teachers are role models in our community and are expected to present themselves professionally and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate will be part of an instructional team and support First Nations cultural, languages and community programs. Teachers are expected to work within the policies and procedures of the WBEC. Additional duties and assignments will be determined in consultation with the principal.
Skills and Qualifications
- Have a valid Saskatchewan Professional A Teaching Certificate, or in process of obtaining the certificate.
- Have demonstrated successful experience as a classroom teacher.
- Have demonstrated the ability to connect with youth in a student-centered learning environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
- Ability to work effectively within an environment that includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
- An understanding of First Nations Languages, culture and traditions is an asset.
The successful candidate may be eligible for a relocation incentive, to be discussed.
How to Apply
To apply please submit via email, your cover letter, resume, three (3) references, a current criminal record check to Angus Vincent at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 306-332-2679.
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm December 17, 2021.
Respectfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.