Location: White Bear First Nations
OVERVIEW: The White Bear Education Complex is located next to the scenic Moose Mountain Provincial Park. Hunting, fishing, hiking and canoeing are available for people that love the outdoors. Approximately one hour to the south is the USA border and one hour to the Manitoba border.
White Bear Education Complex is a small school serving approximately 150 students. We follow the STF salary grid and housing is available in the nearby towns.
Sports minded people are encouraged to apply as we would like to provide sports to various ages of students. The indoor hockey arena is available and there is also a recreation room with weight-lifting equipment.
Elementary and Middle Teachers are role models in our community and are expected to present themselves professionally and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate will be part of an instructional team and support First Nations cultural, languages and community programs. Teachers are expected to work within the policies and procedures of the WBEC. Additional duties and assignments will be determined in consultation with the principal.
THE WHITE BEAR EDUCATION COMPLEX VISION STATEMENT:
Building our students life-long success guided by our First Nations Values and Culture.
- Have a valid Saskatchewan Professional A Teaching Certificate, or in process of obtaining the certificate.
- Have demonstrated successful experience as a classroom teacher.
- Have demonstrated the ability to connect with youth in a student-centered learning environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
- Ability to work effectively within an environment that includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
- An understanding of First Nations Languages, culture and traditions is an asset.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- White Bear First Nations offers a competitive salary and benefits package for employees, commensurate with education and experience
- A moving incentive may be available to support the successful candidate’s move to our beautiful territory
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Angus Vincent, Human Resources
Re: “WBEC TEACHER”
Treaty Education Alliance Inc.
PO Box 1579
Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G1S0
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
Respectfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.