UPDATED: June 16, 2021
The White Bear Education Complex is seeking a Middle Years Teacher.
The White Bear Education Complex Vision Statement:
Building our students life-long success guided by our First Nations Values and Culture.
We are seeking a dynamic educator who is dedicated to lifelong learning, and who has a desire to support the successful learning outcomes for the children and youth of our beautiful First Nation. White Bear First Nations’ school is located in the scenic Moose Mountains of southeastern Saskatchewan – a proud signatory to both Treaty 4 and Treaty 2. We want to be part of your career aspirations to deliver high quality Indigenous education in our on-reserve school.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You are (or have a strong desire to become) an experienced, highly organized and effective educator.
- You are eligible to be registered with the Saskatchewan Teacher’s Professional Regulatory Board (SPTRB).
- You are committed to the learning success of your students, ensuring they experience appropriate and relevant learning opportunities.
- You are knowledgeable in areas such as Treaty education, the Truth and Reconciliation Committee’s recommendations for education, Indigenous education, and anti-racism education.
- You are an educational innovator, who believes in student-centered learning, and collaborative planning with teams to strengthen approaches to meet student learning needs.
- You are a relationship builder who supports and creates many opportunities for community – parents/caregivers – to be involved and engaged in their child(ren)’s learning experiences.
- Your Indigenous language skills are an asset to this position.
- Your experience or interests in land-based learning, and Treaty education are an asset.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A valid Saskatchewan Professional A Teaching Certificate, or be in the process of obtaining the certificate;
- A CPIC with vulnerable sector check; and
- A valid Driver’s license.
The successful candidate may be eligible for a re-location incentive, to be discussed.
How to Apply
Please submit via email, your cover letter, and resume to Tania Wanner at email@example.com
July 2, 2021