The Asiniw-Kisik Education Campus is seeking the following position for the 2020-2021 school year. AKEC is located on the Kawacatoose First Nation, approximately 100km northwest of Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan.
Title: Cree Language Teacher
Location: Asiniw-Kisik Education Campus – Kawacatoose FN
• Post-Secondary Degree in Education with three years of teaching experience
• Must hold a valid Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated successful experience as a Cree Language Teacher.
• Fluent in the Cree Language with a solid understanding of Cree grammar with the ability to read and write Cree
• A strong background in Cree Language and Culture
• Experience teaching the Cree Language to students with varying learning abilities
• The ability to lead by personal example and conduct him/herself at all times as a positive role model for the goals, values and behaviours of the school program consistent with the Board’s Vision and Mission and Management Philosophy
• The ability and willingness and capabilities to work with young children, youth and teenagers.
• Demonstrate good judgement, respect for the organizational policies and Kawacatoose community traditions and values.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
HOW TO APPLY
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Marcy Velestuk – Human Resources
Treaty Education Alliance PO Box 1579 Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G1S0
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.