TITLE: Elder Advisors – Assistants – TERM TO JUNE 30, 2021
OVERVIEW: We are seeking dedicated, full time, community-based Assistants to work with the TEA Elder Advisors. The Assistants will be based in each of the TEA First Nations: Cote First Nation, Kawacatoose First Nation, Pheasant Rump First Nation, and White Bear First Nations.
The TEA is an educational organization working with First Nations to provide educational programs and services, and technical and consulting support to the First Nations, their Chiefs and Councils, local educational governance systems, and schools. The Chiefs of the TEA First Nations are working toward the development of a new lifelong learning system based on the effective implementation of Inherent and Treaty Rights. The Chiefs have appointed Elders from each of their First Nations to work with them, and the TEA, as Advisors.
- Check in with the Elders regularly.
- Review information and materials as requested.
- Schedule meetings – provide reminders and organize meeting documents.
- Support the Elders with use of technology.
- Support Elders at meetings and gatherings.
- Help with ceremonies and protocols, as needed.
- Support communications, taking notes, delivering posters, help with emails, etc.
- Attend meetings and training with other TEA Elders’ Assistants, & Technical Team as required.
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation,
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a current Drivers Abstract and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerability Screen.
- All training and orientation will be provided.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary to be determined.
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Marcy Velestuk, Human Resources
Treaty Education Alliance
PO Box 1579
Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G1S0
This position will remain open until filled.
Respectfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.