TITLE: Communication Assistant – Full Time Position
LOCATION: TEA Head Office: Treaty 4 Governance Centre, Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan
OTHER: Travel is required (pending Covid19 restrictions)
All employees are required to submit a current Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Record Check with Vulnerability Screen.
OVERVIEW: Treaty Education Alliance is seeking applications from qualified contractors and/or individuals for the position of Communication Assistant. As the Communication Assistant, you will be responsible for building and executing internal and external communication strategies. Reporting to the Executive Director and Communications Lead, you will be supported by a team of designers, developers, educators and content creators.
WHY WE NEED YOU: At the Treaty Education Alliance, we’re committed to Indigenous educational reform and innovation. We work closely with multiple First Nations, schools, funding providers and governments to achieve our goals. We require an organized Communication Assistant to help streamline our internal and external communications.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Communication Assistant will have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communication or a combination of education and experience,
- Experience with media relations, and writing news releases,
- Proficient in MS Office; and graphic design software,
- Ability to manage, update and monitor Website and Social Media sites,
- Solid research, writing and editing skills to develop newsletters, briefings, technical documents, presentations and reports,
- Ability to gather and document information in a variety of ways,
- Ability to tell a compelling and articulate story, send a clear message, ask powerful questions,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Strong attention to detail with an understanding of the organizational brand(s),
- Exception administrative, clerical and organizational skills,
- Ability to self-start, self-monitor, self-evaluate, and self-generate tasks and work plans appropriately, balanced with a strong spirit of collaboration and team.
- Work experience in a First Nation’s organization
- Knowledge of First Nation’s people’s Inherent and Treaty Rights
- Your knowledge and understanding of Treaty Education, Indigenous Languages, cultures and histories are an asset.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Treaty Education Alliance Inc. is a First Nations educational organization designing and providing quality educational supports and services for First Nations on reserve schools in the Treaty 4 territory (Saskatchewan, Canada).
Please visit http://educationalliance.ca to learn more about our work with schools.
Forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Attention: Marcy Velestuk – Human Resources
Treaty Education Alliance Inc.
PO Box 1579
Fort Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan S0G1S0
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
Respectfully, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.